Spring break is just a day away for the students in Duval County’s public schools. This year, it lasts from Friday, March 18 to Monday, March 28. To keep your child engaged, learning, and active during the break, the Jacksonville Public Education Fund wanted to share with you some of the great activities and opportunities Jacksonville has to offer for the whole family.
- Take advantage of the Cummer Museum of Art and Garden’s free admission day on Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Or, if your child is more of a science or history buff, take them over to the MOSH on Friday for a discounted price.
- Head to one of the Jacksonville Public Library branches where there are numerous activities and workshops geared toward children and families such as family art classes, poetry workshops, computer trainings, and more!
- Explore the outdoors at Hanna Park.
- Enjoy the wildlife and landscape at the Tree Hill Nature Center.
- Pack up a picnic and head to a local park with the entire family.
- Tap into your child’s creative side and take them to a Pottery studio for painting. Or, gather all the craft supplies you may have in the house for some fun and free-expression entertainment.
Jacksonville offers an array of educational and lively activities to keep the whole family engaged during this year’s break. Have a happy, safe, and productive spring break!