Thank you for your interest in celebrating teachers!
The Jacksonville Public Education Fund is honored to once again lead the process to identify the Duval County Public Schools Teacher of the Year and to celebrate amazing educators across the district. It has never been more important to celebrate the heroes in our classrooms and we are embracing the challenge of making this year the best one yet!
As part of our efforts, we are working to ensure that each Teacher of the Year in each school is feeling as loved and celebrated as possible by working with parents, principals and former Teachers of the Year to deliver a memorable experience. The team at JPEF will be filling up this page with ideas, resources, and information about celebration efforts that your school can take to help your teachers feel the love.
Watch parties for the EDDY Awards Live!
On January 27th, Channel 4 and JPEF will be broadcasting a television special focused on the amazing work of our educators leading up to the naming of the 2021 Duval County Teacher of the Year. To share the joy and celebration, JPEF is working with school communities, including PTAs, across the county to host watch parties that day.
The following schools have signed up to host watch parties. If you can contribute food, beverages or anything else to make these watch parties great, please fill out this form.
- A. Philip Randolph
- Abess Park Elementary School
- Alfred I. duPont Middle School
- Annie R. Morgan Elementary School
- Arlington Elementary
- Arlington Middle School
- Atlantic Beach Elementary
- Biscayne High School
- Englewood Elementary
- Fishweir Elementary
- Fort Caroline Elementary
- Greenfield Elementary School
- Greenland Pines Elementary
- Gregory Drive Elementary
- Hendricks Avenue Elementary
- Hyde Grove Elementary
- Hyde Park Elementary
- Jax Beach Elementary
- Normandy Village Elementary
- John E. Ford PK-8 Montessori
- Lake Lucina
- Long Branch Elementary
- Louis Sheffield
- Mattie V. Rutherford Alternative Middle
- Mayport Elementary
- Mt. Herman Exceptional Student Center
- Neptune Beach Elementary
- Oak Hill Academy
- Ortega Elementary
- Ramona Blvd Elementary
- RL Brown
- Rufus E. Payne Elementary School
- Ruth N. Upson
- Rutledge Pearson
- Smart Pope Livingston E.S.-Accelerated Primary Learning Center
- Southside Estates Elementary
- Southside Middle
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary
- Twin Lakes Academy Elementary
- Woodland Acres
- The Leadership Academy
- Merrill Road
Teacher of the Year events timeline
- September 18th - Teacher of the Year names submitted to JPEF
- September 23rd - Teacher of the Year Orientation
- October 2nd - Teacher of the Year Applications Due
- October 5th - Edelman Fellowship Applications Open
- November 6th - Teacher of the Year Semifinalists Named
- November 14th - Teacher Leadership Initiative Kickoff Event (link to TLI one-pager?)
- January 27th - EDDY Award Luncheon and Channel 4 Broadcast/School Watch Parties
Resources to help you celebrate your Teacher of the Year
EDDY Awards TV Special promo flyer - send this home with students to make sure families know to tune in
Donation request flyer - use this when speaking with businesses about donating food and other items to your watch parties
This is where our partners come in and where we need your help!
We are looking to sign up volunteers that can help us celebrate throughout the year and coordinate the watch parties at each school with us. If you can help, please complete the following form and share it with anyone who might be interested.