Based on the nationally renowned model from the National Parent Leadership Institute, Parents Who Lead is now in its third year in Jacksonville. It is made possible by the Jacksonville Public Education Fund through a partnership with Duval County Public Schools, the Jacksonville Public Library and the Kids Hope Alliance.
Applications for the 2021 class are due by Nov. 7, 2020, and applicants will be interviewed during the week of Nov. 16. Selected participants will be notified by Nov. 22. Weekly, three-hour classes take place between January 30, 2021 and June 5, 2021.
Through this program, you will learn to:
- Have a direct impact.
- Learn valuable leadership skills.
- Create a better life for children in your community.
Read more about parent leaders and their work below.
- Jacksonville Public Education Fund partnership builds advocates
- Whitney Touchton: A Parent Leader in Action
- Tiffany Clark: Profiles in Parent Leadership
- Tips from Parent Leaders: How to make learning at home fun
- Parent leaders graduate ready to make an impact for children
To learn more about the program, please contact Dr. Maira Martelo at email@example.com.
- Attend the kickoff retreat and miss no more than 3 of the 20 sessions.
- Complete a Community Project to practice new skills
- Complete a Civic Skills Pre and Post Survey
- Engage other caregivers during and after the program