Based on the nationally renowned model from the National Parent Leadership Institute, Parents Who Lead is now in its second year in Jacksonville. It is made possible by the Jacksonville Public Education Fund through a partnership with Duval County Public Schools, the Jacksonville Public Library and the Kids Hope Alliance. Learn more about the inaugural cohort of parent leaders from 2018-2019.
Through this program, you will learn to:
- Have a direct impact.
- Learn valuable leadership skills.
- Create a better life for children in your community.
Read what parent leaders had to say about the program:
Participants in Parents Who Lead are expected to:
- Attend the Saturday Retreat (Sept. 7, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.) and miss no more than 3 of the 20 sessions. Classes will be on Thursday evenings starting on Sept. 12, 2019 – February 20, 2020.
- Complete a Community Project to practice new skills
- Complete a Civic Skills Pre and Post Survey
- Engage other caregivers during and after the program