Based on the nationally renowned model from the National Parent Leadership Institute, Parents Who Lead is now in its third year in Jacksonville. It is made possible by the Jacksonville Public Education Fund through a partnership with Duval County Public Schools, the Jacksonville Public Library and the Kids Hope Alliance.
Applications for the 2021 class are due by Dec. 1, 2020. Weekly, three-hour classes take place between January 30, 2021 and June 5, 2021.
Through this program, you will learn to:
- Have a direct impact.
- Learn valuable leadership skills.
- Create a better life for children in your community.
Read more about parent leaders and their work below.
- Jacksonville Public Education Fund partnership builds advocates
- Whitney Touchton: A Parent Leader in Action
- Tiffany Clark: Profiles in Parent Leadership
- Tips from Parent Leaders: How to make learning at home fun
- Parent leaders graduate ready to make an impact for children
To learn more about the program, please contact Dr. Maira Martelo at email@example.com.
- Attend the kickoff retreat and miss no more than 3 of the 20 sessions.
- Complete a Community Project to practice new skills
- Complete a Civic Skills Pre and Post Survey
- Engage other caregivers during and after the program
Mark your calendar!
Classes will be at the Kids Hope Alliance, 1095 A Philip Randolph Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32206
- Saturday, January 30 – Retreat
- Thursday, February 4 – Session 1
- Thursday, February 11 – Session 2
- Thursday, February 18 – Session 3
- Thursday, February 25 – Session 4
- Thursday, March 4 – Session 5
- Saturday, March 20 – Session 6 & 7 (super Saturday)
- Thursday, March 25 – Session 8
- Thursday, April 1 – Session 9
- Saturday, April 3 – Session 10 & 11 (super Saturday)
- Thursday, April 8 – Session 12
- Saturday, April 17 – Session 13 & 16 (super Saturday)
- Thursday, April 22 – Session 14
- Thursday, April 29 – Session 15
- Thursday, May 6 – Session 17
- Thursday, May 13 – Session 18
- Thursday, May 20 – Session 19
- Thursday, May 27 – Session 20