Introduction to Mentoring 101 - June
- Date: Saturday, Jun 20, 2015
- Time: 9:00AM to 12:00PM
- Where: Jacksonville Children's Commission, 1095 A Philip Randolph Blvd, 32206
Big Brothers Big Sisters Training
The Introduction to Mentoring course is a comprehensive and interactive three-hour training class that prepares volunteers for the mentoring experience by giving them the skills, knowledge and confidence needed to be successful during their time spent with their mentee. Our goal is for all mentors to have an enjoyable and rewarding experience both as a volunteer and a mentor.
This is for NEW and FIRST time mentors who will be volunteering with a formal mentoring program.
- Understand the Role and Responsibilities as a Mentor
- Building a Relationship
- Understanding Cultural Differences
- Practicing Communication Techniques
Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to complete fingerprinting paperwork. The class will be closed 15 minutes after start time.
Contact Lissette Maldonado if you have any questions 904-630-7251 or firstname.lastname@example.org