Results of the FCAT 2.0 reading, math and science were released today, as well as End-of-Course Assessments in Algebra 1, Geometry, Biology 1 and U.S. History. Reading and Math were distributed only at a district level, not a school-by-school level.
Check out the updates in School Facts Jax, where we have updated visualizations of reading and math performance by grade level. And all middle schools in the database now have updated Algebra 1 EOC Pass Rates.
Below, check out some of the highlights from Duval County.
Changes in Reading Performance
If we compare results on 2012 reading performance with 2013, these are some of the highlights:
- 10th graders improved 5 percentage points in the percentage performing at grade level or above in reading. In 2012, just only 45 percent of 10th graders performed at grade level - which means a Level 3 - or above, whereas in 2013, 50 percent were at or above grade level.
- 3rd graders also improved by 4 percentage points.
- 8th graders improved by 3 percentage points.
- In contrast, fewer 4th graders performed at grade level or above (59 percent in 2012 and 56 percent on 2013).
Changes in Math Performance
- 6th graders improved their math performance by 3 percentage points; going from 46 percent at or above grade level in 2012 to 49 percent this year.
- 8th graders improved their math performance by 2 percentage points, going to 49 percent at or above compared with 47 percent in 2012.
- The same percentage of students of 3rd and 4th grade performed at grade level or above for math.
-- Maira Martelo