About the School Renaming Fund
On June 2, the Duval County School Board voted 5-2 to change the names of six public schools whose names honor Confederate leaders: Joseph Finegan Elementary, Stonewall Jackson Elementary, Jefferson Davis Middle, Kirby-Smith Middle, J.E.B. Stuart Middle and Robert E. Lee High.
JPEF is proud to serve as fiscal agent for Duval County Public Schools on the School Renaming Fund, allowing private donations to help cover the costs of renaming - including paint, uniforms, signs and gym floors - to be tax-deductible through JPEF’s 501(c)3 status. JPEF will use contributions to the Fund to make grants to schools that are renamed.
Delores Barr Weaver has issued a matching challenge to help raise funds for this effort. Details about her matching challenge are available here. Donors who wish to make a pledge toward the match can do so through this form, which can then be sent to Carly Norgord, JPEF Senior Manager of Finance & Administration, at email@example.com. Online donations can also be made toward the match using the button below.
How to set up a personal crowdfunding page
You can start your own personal crowdfunding page benefiting the School Renaming Fund. Here's how:
- Visit the School Renaming Fund page here.
- Scroll down and click the button "create my own fundraising page."
- Enter your name and email
- Check your email to find a message about editing your page - click to edit.
- Adjust the goal amount to an amount that's achievable for you and your network.
- Personalize the photo or message - share why this issue matters to you.
- Check your email to find a second email that includes the public link to your page. Forward this email on to your friends and family, post on social media with a selfie, and get out the word however you can!
- Check back often to watch the donations come in and see the impact you're making!
- Be sure to thank your friends and family for their contributions.
*The DCPS School Renaming Fund is a fiscal agency account managed by the Jacksonville Public Education Fund (JPEF). By contributing to this fund, you acknowledge that your donation is the property of JPEF for all purposes and shall not be deemed a separate trust fund held in a trustee capacity. JPEF will have the ultimate authority and control over the contribution, and any income derived therefrom. JPEF will use its commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the use of the contribution for the designated purpose identified on this donation page. If the Duval County School Board does not approve the renaming of the schools, JPEF will work with DCPS to identify another purpose for the funds raised that fits within the organization’s mission, vision, and charitable purpose to support public education in Duval County.