What is it?
- Ignite is an affinity group that focuses on igniting young professionals and philanthropists in education!
- While exploring what it means to be an advocate for education, participants will aid in the development of innovative strategies to combat the challenges facing our public schools, teachers, and students.
- Participants advocate for the improvement of public schools through community advocacy, fundraising and social networking.
Who is it for?
A participant must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be passionate about public education and community advocacy
- Applicants must be 40 years of age or younger
- Applicants must make an annual financial contribution to JPEF
Ignite participation includes the following perks:
- Opportunities to participate in advocacy nights, special events, fundraisers, volunteer initiatives, and gain a new network of like-minded people.
- Professional development opportunities to participate in various JPEF board and initiative committees.
- Opportunities to become a leader within the group and with other like-minded peers.
What EVENTS ARE PLANNED FOR IGNITE participants?
- Ignite Launch Party - August 30, 2022
- Young Professionals Delegation Kickoff - September 2022
- Friendsgiving and Book Drive - November 2022
- Volunteer Activity - December 2022
- DCPS School Board Meeting - January 2023
Contact Olivia Smith at email@example.com to learn more.
Special thanks to our sponsors!
This effort is made possible by:
The CEM Foundation
Marcus and Entrice Rowe
And a special thanks to Buck and Susannah Williams, Coley and Nicosia Jones, Marcus and Entrice Rowe, Terry Walton