Duval’s Teachers Are More than instructional experts and often go above and beyond the call of duty - they’re friends, mentors, support systems and caretakers who shape young lives. Teachers lay the foundation for what our city is and what it has the potential to be. Join JPEF as we celebrate our teachers May 7 - 11 for Teacher Appreciation Week! In anticipation, we are sharing ways you can thank the amazing teachers in Duval who work tirelessly every day to provide the best education for their students.
Help us reach 100,000 thanks for teachers using #JaxThanksATeacher!
- It's easy to send a little message of gratitude. Here are some sample messages you could use:
- Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual." -A. P. J. Abdul Kalam #JaxThanksATeacher #ThankATeacher
- Teachers need motivation, inspiration, and acknowledgment to persevere just like we did when we were students in their classrooms. - Abe Reising 2018 Teacher of the Year finalist #JaxThanksATeacher #ThankATeacher
- Make a difference, change the game for the better, leave a legacy, be a guide that someone else can follow and make better, and thank a teacher. #JaxThanksATeacher #ThankATeacher
Share photos during the week using the hashtags #JaxThanksATeacher and #ThankATeacher on social media. We have created a toolkit with photos you can use for Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Click to download the full size:
- Share a video story using the hashtags #JaxThanksATeacher and #ThankATeacher! Many Duval residents have already shared stories about their favorite teacher at TeachersAreMore.org. Share your favorite story, and help spread the word about the lasting impact great teachers have in our city.
Want to do more?
Contact your state legislators and let them know how much you value teachers.
Visit your local school and find out how you can help. Volunteer in the classroom, donate supplies or chaperone an event.