JPEF's Approach to Impact: A Message from JPEF President Rachael Tutwiler Fortune
With the start of a new calendar year, I wanted to share an update on JPEF's approach to impact.
Over the last year, we've worked urgently to address immediate needs in this pandemic, but we've also been thinking about the future. Last spring, the JPEF board approved a new strategic framework and approach to impact.
I want to share a little bit about that with you today.
Our Goals and Strategy
JPEF works to accomplish two overarching goals:
- Increase understanding and buy-in among education leaders, partners and the broader community for what works to address disparities and improve student outcomes in Duval’s public schools.
- Improve student outcomes among low-income students and students of color, helping to close the opportunity gap in Duval County.
As part of this work, we have identified key priority areas that we believe will make the biggest impact for students over the next few years.
As shown above, JPEF leverages three key strategies to make an impact in these priority areas.
- RESEARCH - JPEF independently analyzes and evaluates education policies, data and initiatives to surface the solutions that are working the best for students. We identify best practices for educators and the community to help our students achieve success.
- CONVENING - JPEF convenes education partners around evidence-based solutions with education partners, helping guide us to collective goals and providing support to achieve them.
- STRATEGIC INITIATIVES - JPEF pilots solutions on the ground in partnership with public schools. We support teachers and principals to implement proven strategies for serving low-income students and students of color.
What does this mean for you? It means we want to work with you to make a difference for our students.
Watch the video below for more about why collaboration is such a key part of our approach.