Our Data & Research team spends a lot of time throughout the year connecting with other organizations around the country, continually looking for new ways to improve how we can make education data accessible, meaningful, and useful for parents, community members and decision-makers here in Jacksonville.
We may have a tremendous opportunity to share some of the lessons we've learned, learn more from the most innovative minds in education technology and research, and most importantly, showcase some of the great things happening in Jacksonville to a national audience - but we need your help!
In collaboration with partner organizations in Newark, NJ, Hartford, CT, and the Strategic Data Project at Harvard University, we have submitted a proposal to present at the 2015 SxSWedu conference in Austin, Texas. This year, the conference received over 1,000 proposals so acceptance will be highly competitive, but here's how you can help: 30% of SxSW's acceptance criteria is based on public voting! So please take a moment and click on the link below to register for an account at SxSW's Panel Picker site and vote for our proposal by clicking the "thumbs up" icon next to the title.
Steps to register to vote on SxSWedu:
1. Click here and then click "Sign in."
2. Click "Create an Account" then proceed to enter your contact information in the fields.
3. Once you have created your account, confirm your SxSWedu account by clicking on the link in your email inbox through your email service provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft Outlet, etc.)
4. Once your account is verified, you can proceed to login and you'll see your dashboard.
5. Click here to vote for our proposal!
This would be a great opportunity for us to showcase Jacksonville nationally as a cutting edge city, and to make connections with innovative thinkers and new companies to help continue to improve what School Facts Jax can offer! Voting is only open until September 5, so please vote today - and pass it along!
Want to help spread the word? Click the social media buttons on the voting page to share the page on your personal Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
You can learn more about our partners here.