About the Fellowship
The Jacksonville Public Education Fund invites you to begin the application process for the Cindy Edelman Excellence in Teaching Fellowship. This is an unprecedented opportunity for K-12 Duval County public school teachers to elevate their teaching careers through a professional development activity of their choosing.
The Fellowship, which launched in 2019, is intended to identify and reward excellence in teaching and support a program of professional development or research. Fellows can receive up to $6,500 per individual or $10,000 per team of teachers for approved expenses.
Edelman Fellowships are available to full-time educators in grades K through 12 and are open to teachers in any subject area.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be a full-time educator in a public school in Duval County, traditional and charter schools included
- Spend at least 50% of the work week on direct classroom instruction
- Have at least two years of classroom teaching experience
- Expect to return to the classroom in the following school year
Teams of teachers who meet all of the above requirements may also apply for the $10,000 award. Teams can include any number of teachers, and be working within the same school or across schools.
Have more questions? Contact Dante Jennings, JPEF Director of Teacher Leadership, at email@example.com.
How to apply
Begin with filling out this Intent to Apply form by October 31, 2023. The Intent to Apply form is intended to collect information on the types of projects teachers are proposing, and to provide additional support to teachers prior to formally applying. Although it is not required that teachers complete the intent to apply prior to submitting a final application, they are highly encouraged to do so.
- October 31, 2023: Intent to Apply deadline.
- October, 2023: Information session for all who have filled out the Intent to Apply form.
- January 15, 2024: Application deadline.
- Spring, 2024: Selection committee meets and makes selection(s).
- Spring, 2024: Prize patrol to selected applicants.
- Summer, 2024: Fellows can begin their Fellowship experiences.
Meet the Fellows
Examples of learning experiences
Here are some examples of top-tier professional learning experiences that are accessible from Jacksonville.
Cornell Diversity and Inclusion Certificate
Harvard Graduate School of Education Programs
- Florida historical and cultural sites
Watch: How One Fellow Traveled to Puerto Rico with the Edelman Fellowship